Are you tired of not having time to prepare healthy protein for your paleo meals? Are you looking for a convenient way to pack pasture raised Paleo or Bulletproof foods when you travel? Are you looking for a way to strengthen immunity and grow more muscle?
Upgraded Whey is the answer.
Upgraded Whey is the result of years of testing ways to upgrade what was already the purest pasture raised whey on earth.
We start with the finest pasture raised non-denatured whey protein concentrate made from milk (not cheese by-products.)
Then we add powdered coconut MCT oil (medium chain triglyceride) to boost energy levels and make you feel satisfied for far longer than you’d expect.
And we finish it off by adding pharmaceutical-grade bovine serum albumin, which is over 50% immune stimulating compounds.
The end result is Upgraded Whey, which has up to 5 times the growth and immune stimulating proteins (IGG) as normal whey.
Upgraded Whey comes in 2 lb. bags
Why Upgraded Whey Is Your Secret Weapon
Upgraded Whey protein changes the game and gives you an unfair advantage over your opponents. As an entrepreneur or business person – it allows you to perform better at work by providing you with a fast source of nutrition. While others are hitting Burger King or subsisting on granola bars, you’ll be closing another big deal and finishing early. Whether you’re an athlete, parent, or frequent flyer, it is designed to speed recovery and boost your immune system so you can do more without getting sick. As a human being, Upgraded Whey works to turn you into a more powerful, more resilient person who can do more in less time.
Every whey protein claims to be the best. Here is what makes Upgraded Whey different.
- It’s Bulletproof. We live this stuff every day because we love it, and it’s made for our own use and tested on our families. Integrity matters. We optimize every decision possible when we make something.
- The cows that made the milk source of the whey come from herds that graze year round on pesticide and chemical free natural grass pastures.
- The cows are never fed grain or any genetically modified organisms, and they are not exposed to growth hormone treatment, chemicals, antibiotics, or injected pathogens.
- The native whey protein concentrate in Upgraded Whey maintains the fragile immune boosting components naturally present in fresh milk. It is made from fresh milk, unlike most whey which is obtained from a waste product of cheese manufacturing.
- We use proprietary filtration and drying which involves minimal processing to ensure the whey is not subjected to unsafe temperatures that would destroy the original protein components. This whey is not micro filtered, hydrolyzed, cross-flow filtered, or ion exchanged because those methods denature the original proteins. (2)
- There are no antibiotics, xenoestrogens, or rBGH to make you fat and sick.
- The whey concentrate in Upgraded Whey boosts your glutathione levels which makes you more resilient to pollutants, stress, and toxins.(1)
- Bovine serum albumin is included to give you an added boost of growth and immune factors five times stronger than normal whey.
- There are no added fillers to cut the cost and waste your money. Upgraded Whey contains only the best ingredients to fuel your body and mind for peak performance.
- Coconut MCT powder gives you a sustained burst of energy for maximum mental capacity.
- The price is ridiculously low so you can get the highest quality whey protein available without going broke.
Why pasture raised whey protein makes you feel healthier and more rejuvenated.
Pasture raised animals are healthier, stronger, and more nutritious than grain-fed.(3)(4) They contain more immune stimulating compounds which keep you healthy and disease free.(5) Upgraded Whey is more nutritious than regular whey, and will help add protein to your diet. The extra boost of nutrients and growth factors will improve your entire day.
Why rBGH, antibiotic & pesticide free whey is better for you
The cows that produce our whey are free from genetically modified (or any other kind) rBGH which is used in the vast majority of other whey proteins. By feeding the cows pesticide-free and chemical-free fresh grass instead of grains, the whey stays free from hormone disrupting chemicals. Since the cows aren’t treated with antibiotics or rBGH, they produce stronger immune supporting compounds which are transferred into the whey. The result is a more potent, higher quality whey designed to keep you healthy, focused, and strong.
Proprietary filtering and drying for full power.
Most whey proteins are processed under high heat and pressure. This denatures the proteins and produces an inferior product. Our proprietary filtration and drying with minimal processing ensures the whey is not subjected to unsafe temperatures that would destroy the original protein components. Whole whey proteins can boost your immune system and increase your glutathione levels which makes you more resilient to infection, stress, and toxins.(6) This whey is not micro filtered, hydrolyzed, cross-flow filtered, or ion exchanged because those methods denature the original proteins.
None of the bad sweeteners or other junk.
Unlike most whey protein powders, Upgraded Whey contains no high fructose corn syrup, fake sweeteners, natural or artificial flavors, dyes, or colorings. These ingredients sneak into other products that claim to be “healthy.”
IMPORTANT UPDATE! Upgraded Whey is more Upgraded than ever: Upgraded Whey used to contain soy lecithin to help emulsify the ingredients, but since soy isn't ideal, we eliminated the soy lecithin and replaced it with a non-GMO sunflower lecithin. In addition, the MCT powder in Upgraded Whey used to be based on a long-chain carb called maltodextrin, but it is now based on tapioca dextrin, which is far safer and certified non-GMO. You can drink Upgraded Whey with full knowledge of what you’re consuming.
Why happy cows make a happy, healthy you.
When cows are stressed, they don’t produce the same quality milk.(7) By making sure the cows who produce Upgraded Whey are treated well, you get more nutritious whey protein.
Why Upgraded Whey doesn’t give you an upset stomach.
Low grade whey proteins are notorious for giving you bloating, gas, and stomach discomfort. Upgraded Whey is made with the finest pasture raised whey concentrate which is easily digested and can actually contribute to gut health.(8) With Upgraded Whey, you won’t have to endure nausea – or worse – after downing your post-workout shake.
Why Upgraded Whey tastes better than the stuff you’re using.
Over-processing denatures the proteins and makes your whey taste rancid and gritty. Upgraded Whey uses the most gentle methods possible to bring you a protein powder with a rich creamy flavor and a smooth, decadent consistency. Our kids drink it without any flavor or sweetener added.
Why vegetarians and animal lovers shouldn’t feel guilty using Upgraded Whey.
Most whey protein is taken from grain-fed cows. Feeding grain to cows makes them sick. This means they have to inject the cows with antibiotics to support their weak immune systems. Upgraded Whey only comes from pasture raised cows who are treated humanely. The cows are fed their natural diet (grass) and treated with care, so you can drink Upgraded Whey knowing the cow is just as happy as you are.
How Upgraded Whey saves you money.
Preparing healthy meals isn’t always convenient. If you aren’t packing pasture raised meat and vegetables, Upgraded Whey provides you with a fast alternative that is almost as good as a real meal. Upgraded Whey fills you with sustained energy and satisfaction so you won’t feel deprived and have the urge to eat junk before you get home. One 2-pound container of Upgraded Whey has as much protein as EIGHT POUNDS of pasture raised steak. You would spend at least $100 to buy this much protein in the form of pasture raised meat, and the meat wouldn’t have the immune stimulating IGG we’ve built in to Upgraded Whey.
How coconut MCT powder upgrades your mind and body.
Your body loves healthy fats. By including coconut MCT powder, Upgraded Whey protein gives you a boost of energy and a shot of brain fuel. The coconut MCT powder keeps you full and satisfied throughout the day. It also assists in the absorption of fat soluble vitamins so you get more nutrition from your whey protein.
How bovine serum albumin boosts immunity and speeds your recovery from workouts (or long flights)
Loaded with growth factors and immune stimulating compounds, bovine serum albumin provides you with a steady stream of amino acids for optimal recovery.(9) It has been shown to improve nitrogen retention which spares lean muscle mass.(10) Bovine serum albumin even heals your gut and decreases inflammation which lowers your risk of disease.(11)(12) Bovine serum albumin gives Upgraded Whey FIVE times the immunoglobulin of typical whey proteins on the market. Using pharmaceutical grade standards, bovine serum albumin is over 45% IGG, 4-5% IGM, a small amount of IGA, all of which are growth factors. Bovine serum albumin is almost all protein with no added vitamins or minerals.
Why Upgraded Whey makes desserts and recipes a snap.
Looking for something to add some fullness to homemade ice cream, or give some flavor to a smoothie? Instead of using low quality dairy or dealing with the hassle of preparing a coconut, use a few scoops of Upgraded Whey to make your dessert into an energizing food in no time. With Upgraded Whey, you can make delicious food and have time to enjoy it with those you love.
Why Upgraded Whey is NOT hydrolyzed.
Hydrolyzed dairy protein powder is inferior to intact protein molecules like those in Upgraded Whey. Not only are they poorly absorbed, they taste awful (like socks) and cost several times more.(13)(14) Upgraded Whey is more bioavailable and is absorbed easily by your body to fuel muscle growth and support your immune system.
Frequently Asked Questions for Upgraded Whey.
1. Rosaneli CF, et al. Efficacy of a whey protein concentrate on the inhibition of stomach ulcerative lesions caused by ethanol ingestion. Journal of Medicinal Food, 2002 Winter;5(4):221-8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12639397?dopt=Abstract
2. Hickman MA, et al. Effect of processing on fate of dietary [14C]taurine in cats. Journal of Nutrition, 1990 Sep;120(9):995-1000. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2144588
3. Gardner BA, et al. Health of finishing steers: effects on performance, carcass traits, and meat tenderness. Journal of Animal Science, 1999 Dec;77(12):3168-75. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10641860
4. Duckett SK, et al. Effects of winter stocker growth rate and finishing system on: III. Tissue proximate, fatty acid, vitamin, and cholesterol content. Journal of Animal Science, 2009 Sep;87(9):2961-70. Epub 2009 Jun 5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19502506
5. French P, et al. Fatty acid composition, including conjugated linoleic acid, of intramuscular fat from steers offered grazed grass, grass silage, or concentrate-based diets. Journal of Animal Science, 2000 Nov;78(11):2849-55. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11063308
6. Rosaneli CF, et al. Efficacy of a whey protein concentrate on the inhibition of stomach ulcerative lesions caused by ethanol ingestion. Journal of Medicinal Food, 2002 Winter;5(4):221-8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12639397?dopt=Abstract
7. Comis D. Farm Animal Behavior Becoming More Critical to the Bottom Line. USDA Agriculture Research Service. September 7, 2000. http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2000/000907.htm
8. Rosaneli CF, et al. Efficacy of a whey protein concentrate on the inhibition of stomach ulcerative lesions caused by ethanol ingestion. Journal of Medicinal Food, 2002 Winter;5(4):221-8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12639397?dopt=Abstract
9. Quigley JD, et al. Immunoglobulin Derived from Bovine Plasma as a Replacement for Colostrum in Newborn Lambs*. Veterinary Therapeutics • Vol. 3, No. 3, Fall 2002. http://cp.vetlearn.com/Media/PublicationsArticle/VTX_03_03_262.pdf
10. Lembcke JL, et al. Acceptability, safety, and digestibility of spray-dried bovine serum added to diets of recovering malnourished children. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition. 1997 Oct;25(4):381-4. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9327366
11. Perez-Bosque A, et al. Dietary Plasma Protein Affects the Immune Response of Weaned Rats Challenged with S. aureus Superantigen B1. Journal of Nutrition, 2004 Oct;134(10):2667-72. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15465764
12. Weaver E. Immunolin, Strengthenthing the Gut Barrier Helps Prevent Overactivated Immune Systems. Proliant Powerpoint. http://www.proliantinc.com/health/products/proliant-drweaver-immunolin-presentation.ppt
13. Jose AL, et al. Gastric emptying, gastric secretion and enterogastrone response after administration of milk proteins or their peptide hydrolysates in humans. European Journal of Nutrition. Volume 43, Number 3, 127-139, DOI: 10.1007/s00394-004-0448-4 http://www.springerlink.com/content/j812c0cabk3t2dm0/
14. Farnfield MM, et al. Plasma amino acid response after ingestion of different whey protein fractions. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. 2008 May 8:1-11. [Epub ahead of print]. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18608553